Recipe Box: “Pretty-in-Pink” Palmer Tea Punch February 13, 2013
Even the most casual cook won’t be able to escape Cupid’s culinary arrow this time…there are only 2 ingredients necessary!
Feeling fancy? Consider garnishing your mocktail with bright red hibiscus tea ice cube hearts. You can also use edible flowers! Directions below.
- Prep/Total Time: 10 min.
- Yield: 10 servings
- 12 teaspoons Zhi’s White Pomegranate tea
- 4 cups hot water
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- In a punch bowl or gallon pitcher, add pink lemonade concentrate and 4 cups cold water. Mix well to dissolve.
- Make your tea. Take your 12 teaspoons of dry tea leaves and steep in the four cups of hot water. Steep for 3 minutes. (Yes, this is making it a bit strong, but it’s intentional
- Strain out leaves. Chill tea and then add to lemonade.
- Garnish with strawberry slices, mint leaves or tea ice cubes if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings (12 oz. portions).
Note: To make tea ice cubes and molds, arrange chemical-free edible flowers in a heart or ring mold. Consider using hibiscus tea like Zhi’s Berry Hibiscus or Blood Orange. Steep beforehand according to steeping instructions. Then, when the tea is cool, carefully add enough liquid to partially cover flowers as they rest in their tray. Freeze. Then, add enough water to cover flowers up to your desired level; then, freeze again.